Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

AI 4/15 MARIAH CAREY NIGHT

-Paula looks very pretty tonight, and is Simon wearing a new sweater? :)

1. DAVID A
Kind of lost in the low notes isnt he? Good not great.

2. CARLY SMITHSON
Good start, good control. Doesnt seem like she's trying to do a Mariah impersonation. Loud parts seem less controlled but not as angry as last week. I liked it ok :)
-TOTALLY disagree with Randy, agreed with Paula about the beginning-
(She takes the critisizm too much to heart)

3. SYESHA MERCADO
I think she does SO well but the judges always down her, esp. Randy. She is so in control of her voice, especially following Carly. She is also so beautiful. Pretty good job IMO
-Randy is on my EVERLAST nerve anymore! OMG get over it Randy!-

4. BROOKE WHITE
She looks BEAUTIFUL :) I would TOTALLY buy this :) LOVED it. It is SO BROOKE not any impersonation of anyone or anything. Is she rushing the ending? What's "the singer songwriter look"?

5. KL COOK
WOW this song would be a totally sad going home song. She sounds great on big notes but her low notes are very EH. Looks very pretty but is she putting on weight? (mean melzie). Very good job overall.

6. DAVID COOK
O M G I wish I knew what ITUNES is I would SO buy this song WOW!!!!!! :) you cannot GET anymore real than THAT woohoo! OUT OF THE PARK SHOOOOOOOO :D I loved that it moved him to tears :D I loved that Randy gave him a standing ovation :D I loved every second :D it moved ME to tears :D

7. JASON CASTRO
Its nice to see his confidence and poise grow each week. Its funny to see him grow as one of my faves each week also, I was NOT a fan AT ALL at the beginning. Loved it :)

-ok oddly enough Paula echoed almost every thought I had tonight. That is very scary. ;)

TOP 3
DAVID C
JASON
BROOKE

BOTTOM 3
KL
Syesha
Carly

GOING HOME
hmm hard to say...I'll predict Syesha or Carly

xoxo melzie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Melzie...you are too funny...You should definately look at Itunes at www.itunes.com...it downloads songs to your Ipod or computer..awesome!! I thought Brooke did great as well as David C and Jason...Check out my blog whenever you get a chance...we have like minds girl!!! :)

Amy said...

iTunes is not so difficult! It's totally worth it. I don't think the son is available yet, though. (though all of his other stuff is!)

Anonymous said...

iTunes is so much fun! You should give it a try...and I love being able to buy my favorite AI performances....so worth it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am still feeling pretty bad but rest, rest, rest, is what I must do!

I enjoyed reading your blog! :o)