Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Whats up Bloggyburg?

SO whats up these days peoples? I'll tell you whats up here:
The price of gas
The river levels (still)
The temps (finally)

Just checking in, nothing really to post about except a prayer request at the bottom of the post from a lady in my church...can't have too many people praying for our soldier boys now can we? Prayer request to follow:

My son, Ryan, has asked us to pray for him and the men in Iraq. There is a new bomb out that goes through metal and glass. Their hummers are supposed to be indestructable, but this new bomb goes right through them. Ryan was asked by his commander to be the gunner on the hummer the other day, and he was going to do it, It was an honor to him to be asked, but his wife asked him not to because of a feeling she had. That hummer was hit yesterday in KaCook. The gunner, a good friend of his, was killed instantly. His commander and another friend, Ried, both lost a eye and have brain swelling. The new bomb ripped the door off and went right through the windshield. This could have been my son...it was some other mothers son. Please pray for those families and for Gods protection over my son, and the other soilders in Iraq. I thank you, and Ryan thanks you!!

So anyway, thats something you can do for me today, and pass it along if you feel led. xoxo melzie

1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Thanks for sharing this, Melzie! It reminds me to give thanks for my own life as well as pray for the lives of others!!!! p.s. hope you're feeling better and come back online to us, soon!