Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Survey for a real life cause, not just a fun meme lol

Boomama is doing a survey on her blog, and I first emailed her my answers privately then I thought what the hey lets feed my inner ego more (LOL) so I will answer here too. If you decide to participate, let HER know via her blog and let me know so I can read your answers too ;) ok here goes.

1. What part of blogging brings you the most joy and satisfaction? Relationships? Having an outlet for writing? Reading? Commenting? Building your traffic? Something else?

To be really really honest I love that it sort of feeds my ego and validates ME. (wow that sounds so shallow LOL) But just knowing that the deeper me I share thru the anonymity of the WWW is still sorta likable, even when I'm not putting on my 'public face'

2. What is the most frustrating part of blogging for you?

Feeling a need to post to perform.

3. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about blogging, what would it be?

Make it personal. Don't try to perform. I was a very unsatisfied unfulfilled blogger when I tried to mold my blog around the blogs I loved, but what I loved about them were they were a TRUE reflection of that person, not a trick dog show.

4. What do you know about blogging now that you WISH you had known when you started your blog?

see #3

5. What draws you to the blogs you read regularly? What elevates a blog to “daily read” status?

The blogs I read daily are the ones that make me laugh first of all, and the ones that I think I would just love to sit down and have coffee with that person and laugh until I cried. Or cry until I was ugly. Or pray and worship. You know-ones I feel a real personal connection with and honestly believe could carry over into real life. In a not stalker not scary way ;) LOL

xoxo melzie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Authenticity....so refreshing :o)

Umm so I love all the music in your player at the bottom...I am assuming you are a LOTR fan :o)

Me too!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.