Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

AMERICAN IDOL FINAL RECAP

Blake Lewis -

“You Give Love A Bad Name” - Loved this the first time and it was somewhat improved upon this time :) My kids LOVE him but he seems very limited in his ability to me.

“She Will Be Loved” - Hmm. Well, I dunno this wasnt great. But this is NOT my style of music AT ALL so maybe I'm biased by that but I dont think he did so hot on this.

“This Is My Now” - um ok NOT.

Jordin Sparks -

“Fighter” - Never heard this song (I listen to southern gospel and small bits of country ok people? LOL) but its young its edgy and she did a good job of it. She seems to do better when she stays still though.

“Broken Wing” - WOWSA that was awesome :) She did that song true justice. She is totally on fire tonight go Jordin!

“This Is My Now” - Aww I think we have a winner we have a winner folks! She sang it, she told the story, she FELT it wow that was definite YO Jordin, great job!

Who should win? - Um Jordin for sure :)

We had baseball til after 10pm so I watched it this morning, but another baseball mom and I were discussing it LOL. And she predicted (because I've never watched before this season!) that whoever the songwriters song suited was who would win it all. Well if that prediction holds true Jordin has it in the bag, that song was tailor made for her and when she got teary at the end saying THIS IS MY NOW wow was all I can say ;)

I've LOVED watching this season, and really enjoyed the dialogue on Boomama's site. If you are visiting here via there leave me a comment just so I know you were here ;) When does the new season start? Anyone planning on seeing the idols live? xoxo melzie

4 comments:

Karen said...

Honestly, I will be happy for either one of them. I love them both. But I guess there is part of me that really wants Jordin to win. I know Blake will have a record deal regardless.

My 15yo and I have already bought tickets for the Idol tour when it comes to Sacramento. Unfortunately, the floor seats were sold out, so I don't think we'll be getting too close to any Idols.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Aunt Jenny said...

I hope Jordin wins..I have liked her better from the start.
How fun this year was!

mommy3 said...

Oh my goodness - baseball until 10pm?

Poor Blake didn't have a chance with the 3rd song! I would have been glad if either of them won :)

I think I was more excited that the songwriter winners were comprised of a pastor and Christian artist duo. I'm sure they are getting lots of web hits and headlines today!

My Tues. night AI recap is here. I came in thru BooMama and have been here before :)

I think next season will start in Jan '08.