Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Book meme

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Really doesnt matter so long as its cheap.

Amazon or brick and mortar? I dont have a credit card so not much Amazon shopping.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Barnes & Noble. We dont have a Borders...although I really prefer the Library or yardsales or the used bookstore I can trade at.

Bookmark or dogear? Either, if its mine and I'm keeping it I'll dogear :)

.Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? uh random piles there here and yonder LOL

Keep, throw away, or sell? Well, if someone is throwing books away please send me your addy I'll go dumpster diving at your house. I keep a few not as many as I use to. I have the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, the Clan of the Cavebear series by Jean Auel, and the Left Behind series and the Narnia series by CS Lewis that I keep and reread. I use to keep my favorites like Nora Roberts and Lavyrle Spencer etc but then I realized that hey the library is keeping them for me LOL I can get them there anytime I want. Mostly I give away or trade at the bookstore.

.Keep dustjacket or toss it? Keep, one time I loaned out a book (left behind series) and it came back sans dustjacket and I am still twitchy when I see it on my bookshelf all naked and stuff. :(

Read with dustjacket or remove it? remove it

Short story or novel? Novel and I prefer fiction. I don't read much non fiction

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Neither, I am not a short story fan

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Neither.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? neither LOL stop reading when its done regardless of time or schedule.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Both.

Buy or Borrow? Buy, or borrow from the library. Mostly buy and borrow from the library.

New or used? used if at all possible I am a cheapskate

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? all of the above, OR favorite author, if I've read something by them that I like I'll usually repeat buy

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? that depends on if I have book 2 sitting next to me otherwise I HATE cliffhangers LOL

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? all of those, plus tub reading, stoplight reading, waiting room reading etc ;)

Stand-alone or series? love me some series'

Favorite series? see above of books I've kept, plus more recently Yada Yada prayer groups and Shopaholic, Dean Koontz Odd series and Chris Snow series

Favorite children's book? Little house series, Narnia Series, Trixie Beldon series (see a series theme? LOL)

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Anyone heard of any of the above? LOL

Favorite books read last year? Holy Cow who knows at this point LOL

Least favorite book you finished last year? I dont waste my time finishing books I dont like

What are you reading right now? Just finished 3rd Yada Yada Prayer group book

What are you reading next? the 4th Yada Yada prayer group book LOL

I tag anyone who wants to play, leave a comment if you do so I can read your faves!
_________________________________________________________

Rowdyboy is much recovered thanks for the prayers. xoxo melzie

2 comments:

Susan said...

I just did a different book meme. Maybe I'll get this one later. I thought it was funny that you said the library was keeping them for you. I can never let go of the ones I love. Every time we are in Phoenix, we drop off another box of books I can't let go, and we did the same in Lemmon last year. Someday, I'll have my own library back again!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Totally with you on the dust jacket thing, also the trixie Belden's, Little House and narnia's. Cheers, Tracey