Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Terribly Neglectful Blogger









I am a terribly neglectful blogger!  I am thinking of starting a new blog altogether...we are going to be a homeschooling family this fall and I thought a blog just for that might be fun.  Or maybe I'll just integrate it into here. I know as I get ready to begin, I am LOVING the availability of homeschool blogs directly related to our chosen curriculum: My Father's World 1st Grade.  So maybe I could be a resource a future mom could look and and enjoy.

We are logging some hours of reading and art this summer, some PE etc.  We will be starting our school corresponding with the public school starting, since big brother is still attending public school (9th grade).  I would LOVE to homeschool him as well, but that is not working out thus far.

I am done with that earth science class, now I am doing intro to Sociology and a creative arts class that is actually a child development class. I am somewhat enjoying both but SERIOUSLY looking forward to a break.  There will be about a 10 day gap between me finishing class and homeschool starting.  I am not returning to college this fall semester. I am leaving the option open for the spring semester.  I will dive into homeschooling giving it my full attention, and go from there. If it seems I will have oodles and gobs of free time, then I will prayerfully consider adding my college classes back in. Honestly though I miss being "just a mom" and "just a housewife".  Don't get me wrong I ADORED the short lived college experience, and am not QUITTING. I am once again postponing and that is a good thing :) 

I hope to blog more soon. I have a lot of pics to share, stories to tell and HOMESCHOOLING ADVENTURES to embark upon!

xoxo melzie

No comments: