Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Well!  Long time no blog.  I am embarking the first step of a new journey today and decided the best way to reflect upon it from beginning to end would be to resurrect this poor dead blog, dust it off and give it some new life :)  So here I am, my newest title...COLLEGE STUDENT.  Woot woot. Not a dream, not a maybe; hopefully; someday; if; when BUT NOW.  My first day is DONE! I have to take a part time schedule this first semester (required for all non traditional students), so today was English Composition (Tues and Thurs) and my other classes are basic Math (shoot me now) and University Seminar which is some required class for ALL freshmen students (Mon. and Wed). I will be home by 1pm on each day and no earlier than 9:30 in the mornings, so all hours when the kids are in school. 

So I feel like my first day was a success!  Went over the syllabus and whatnot.  We had to write an impromptu 2 page essay already, in class, on "Who I Am".  I was all OMG what will I write, then I literally just sat there and wrote it out and was one of the first ones done. So I think that is a good start. 

Some of the things I've been MOST worried about leading up to this adventure starting are: (remember,  melzie keeps it real lol......you've been warned)

Bodily functions: I have been a SAHM for YEARS.  When I have to pee I go, same with poo. Same with toots. I am not good with holding it.  It's not necessarily a discipline I've ever had to develop lol.  But throughout all my worries I never accounted for the fact that it's only a 1 hr 15 min class. I do fine at church so this luckily was  not an issue lol. Although I did drink my coffee really early to go ahead and get allllll the peeing done early! 

I did have to blow my nose twice but thankfully it was not echo'ey or loud when I did so.

There is plenty of personal space  so I didn't have to worry about that. (I don't really like to sit too close to peeps lol).

The bathroom was literally right across the hall!  woot.

EVERYONE carried water bottles. Including the young man with very interesting cowboy boots that looked like tennis shoes.  Only HIS water bottle was full of chew spit. He literally was chewing right there in the computer lounge.  I'm thinking that was probably a no no. 

Everyone said there would be other old people.  NO there were only children in my class lol.  But out of 24 students I actually knew two of them,one from church and one graduated with Jordan.  Which is another plus,small class size. 

SO tomorrow is the first day of Math and University whatnot,but it is gonna snow. My second day snowed out sheesh.  ;)  Some first day of school pics! 
xoxo melzie
Melzie: schoolgirl!

cute new backpack! lol

Me and my 13 yr old son.  My boys have been so supportive. Well not Jacob he said I hope you do bad. LOL let's choose to think he's joking.....

2 comments:

SoVeryCarrie said...

I'm so excited for you. I remember my first day, I cried all the way there and all the way home. I knew it was a moment I'd never forget. I'm certain you will do great. I'm here if you need any help. I tutored my second year and it helped me tremendously because I was learning along the way as well. Congratulations lady!

Fabricmom said...

That is so awesome. Proud of you for taking the steps to go. You will do great.