Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Random non-math facts!

Happy Saturday!

Math went ~ok~ I didn't run away like a screaming mimi (what is a screaming mimi? note to self, look this up), nor did I sit in the corner rocking and sucking my thumb. It was very overwhelming but I am a stubborn cuss. I will prevail. 

Math class was what, Wednesday? LOL and we had to read over the first chapter and do some other blah blah blah so I procrastinated this until Friday morning, I had to go to the laundromat anyway so I brought my math book as well.  Not that I hate the laundromat, I actually always had this dream of living above a laundromat and working there, and living in a big big city, owning a cat and living on my own. Hmm my life did not turn out that way but I have a cat..and laundry..a girl can dream LOL.  But I digress.

So I opened up my math book and BOOM right off the bat something interesting.  I cannot for the life of me relate it to a single thing that related back to it in the book but whatevs I learned something! From my math book!  Cue the ticker tape parade!  Ok here it is, are you ready?

Alfred Nobel, the dude who set into place the Nobel Peace prize...he invented dynamite in his younger years.  What a contradiction.  I don't know why but I loved that fact.  (maybe because it was distracting me from, you know, the NUMBERS and stuff.) I told everyone yesterday about good old Al's oxymoronic adventures.

That's all I've got. I played Minecraft a lot today, and lost ALL MY STUFF because Jacob insists on playing with no keep inventory on. 

This post is very random. I think math makes me loose my mind. Boo. 

Happy Weekend.  Unless you're doing math, then may the odds be ever in your favor. 

I leave you with some interesting Alfred Nobel quotes.
xoxo melzie




No comments: