Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 30, 2013

TGIFFF & Finish It Up Friday ~ 1st Rag Quilt Finish!! *Whoop Whoop*

Ta-Da!  My first successful rag quilt!  My hand may never be the same from clipping and clipping and clipping (LOL) but it was worth it in the end!



The bottom side, just as pretty :)  (my mom actually likes this side better lol)

BUT...look at the pilling/lint/fuzz!  This was after two washes/dryings.  Lint roller isn't touching it, my mom suggest shaving it (LOL) which I tried but still have to pick them off by hand.  Not too pleased about that!  Any suggestions to prevent this next time?


Gave birth to a lint animal didn't it? LOL

Got to pick some more lint off then it's ready to be mailed off to my brand new great nephew =)
SO I do think that YES I will rag quilt again =)  BUT I will research how to not have so much pilling/fuzzing.  And I will buy a pair of spring loaded snippers that work well for this project.  all in all I am happy with the result, hope the recipient is as well!

here is the tutorial I used: Rag Quilt Tutorial

have YOU ever  made a rag quilt?  leave me a comment with the link I would love to see!

Linking up to Thank Goodness It's Finally Finished Friday!  Finish It Up Friday Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP? and (not sure how to make the graphic be a link lol)

xoxo melzie

3 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

Thanks for linking up, I made a semi rag quilt once and the fluff that came off was amazing. love your colours

M-R Charbonneau said...

Lovely! What kind of batting did you use?

Unknown said...

Love the quilt! It turned out great!