Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIP WEDNESDAY ~RAG QUILT~

 Linking up today with Freshly Pieced for WIP WEDNESDAY
Have you EVER seen a cuter helper?  Oh and a quilt I am working on too ;)  lol

Let's see how we got to this point!
Lots of flannel and some batting.  And a trip to the fabric store when I cut one of my flannels too small sigh.  Such a hardship..a trip to the fabric store ;)

Wildchild getting my camera out, he loves to take pics although they are usually pretty blurry lol

A selfie of me and my little man :)

Ok so the tutorial I am using for this rag quilt really encourages using a walking foot..who KNEW!  I am in total love with this thing!  (and apparently I have like 8 feet that came with my machine lol, who knew that too?!)

This is one reason I don't get much done very quickly, have to stop and rescue every 5 min.  Rescue the 3 yr old or rescue my stuff?  BOTH lol!!!
The layout.  Notice my helpers feet back there lol.
Some fabric that just had to come home with me along with the necessary flannel =)

 Here is the website I'm using as a *Rag Quilt Tutorial* if you want to take a look.  I've attempted a rag quilt once before and it was a disaster.  It's one of those I've always wanted to make and so far it seems to be going along quite well; come back soon to see if it is finished well though lol!  After taking pics I did start sewing them together it is actually a fairly quick quilt to put together minus cutting mishaps!

xoxo melzie


3 comments:

Adventurous Quilter said...

Rag quilt is on my to-do list as well, thanks for sharing the tutorial, yours is looking great so far :)

Beth said...

Looks like fun with the little helper!

Leanne said...

It looks like you are well on your way with this one. Your sewing area looks like a hopping place.