Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Come visit my sewing room ;)

We just did a major remodel of my sewing room.  It previously was dark wood paneling and the floor was falling through!

I think I channelled my inner 12 year old girl to come up with the decor lol!

But is is 100% my personality, quirky and fun, bright and cheery!  Ok I'm only cheery some days lol not all.

I know that the lamp and painting don't go with the rest of the motif but I love it and that makes it fit in :) Fabric pantry in the corner.

My happy zone :) 
Nothing new on the sewing front today, it's been a busy week of summer school starting (required, for my two olders who apparently thought slacking off was a good time!  Ha the joke is on them now!) I have to drive them a town away and pick them  up, our district isn't offering make up classes but the next town over is and are gracious enough to open it up to outsiders. 

This is a weekend I look forward to all year long, 100 mile yardsale weekend!  We only go about 20 miles of it and that takes ALL.DAY.LONG.  I might go back Saturday too and do about 10 miles more.  It is a blast and I find a lot of good junk, I mean stuff :) 

What are you doing this weekend?  We will also probably grill out in the backyard this Monday, I love lazy weekend the very best.

xoxo, melzie :)

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

I wish my sewing room was as neat as yours! Would love to be with you at the garage sales. Hope you find lots of bargains.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I'm so jealous of your sewing room. I currently take over about half of one of our living rooms. It's not ideal, but it works. :)

Belinda said...

Wow! What a great sewing space! So bright and fun. I'm envious!!

Barb and Sharon said...

I really like the wall colour. Where oh where do you find a 100 mile garage sale?
Barb@Witsend

TheSewingLoft said...

Thank you for sharing your space with us on The Studio Spotlight Tour.
~Heather

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Such a happy colorful space. Thanks for sharing it with us by linking up to the Studio Spotlight!

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the wall color. I may have to paint my bedroom that color!

Mary Marcotte said...

I've seen a couple of studios in that wall color, so it must be a popular color. Your room is very pretty and well-organized. Thanks for sharing.