Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, May 26, 2012

the price..

I love this, a timely reminder! 

I went to the 100 mile yardsales yesterday, me and my 10 yr old son, my 12 yr old borrowed girl and my step son.  We went 13 miles up one side of the highway, that took from 8am til noon.  We took a break for lunch then back at it.  By 4:30 we had only made it halfway down the other side of the road and I had to go pick up my 2 yr old from my mom's lol.  So many sales!  I thought about getting up this morning and going some more but I was so comfy and so tired so I slept in :)  Oh well!  I did get some bargains, a $5 microwave stand (desperately needed! mine was 20 yrs old, with a broken drawer and a hanging off door lol, but I am so terribly cheap!), a whole bag of summer shirts for me, little stuff, lots of fun.  And the next two weekends are city wide sales nearby! 

Well we do not have anything really planned for the holiday weekend.  We are cheap boring people lol!!  And our temperatures are shooting towards 100 fast this weekend, I am NOT at all a summer person, extreme heat gives me terrible headaches.  Always has.  Maybe I'll get that baby quilt top done this weekend, that sounds like a plan ;)

xoxo melzie

No comments: