Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

AI recap 3/13

Brandon Rogers - “You Can’t Hurry Love”
I am so not into him, I think he falls into a very narrow fan base IMO

Melinda Doolittle - “Home”
I think her humble act is SO FAKE I mean come ON she is not new to the stage that seems very put on to me. That said, she raised the roof last night, awesome job Melinda!

Chris Sligh - “Endless Love”
Endless song more like it :( He's falling out fast sandwiched between Melinda and Gina

Gina Glockson - “Love Child”
Oh yeah Gina had her yo on in my opinion :) Anyone that can make Dianna Ross sound rock'ish is awesome! Great job!

Sanjaya Malakar - “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH there aint no mountain high enough to make me like this performance either. He is horrible I am sorry I can even put a Positive Paula spin on it. He totally creeps me out.

Haley Scarnato - “Missing You”
OHHHHHH yeah I loved this, wowsa girl you brought your stuff UP last night! I actually voted for her tonight LOL

Phil Stacey - “I’m Gonna Make You Love Me”
Much improved over last week, I love him but he is not a superstar.

LaKisha Jones - “God Bless The Child”
Ok, she OWNED the stage last night OWNED it. No false humility on her part she is starting to take her kudos as her due, as well she should :) She has it ALL YOU GO GIRL!

Blake Lewis - “You Keep Me Hangin’ On”
Fairly blase-love him though. I keep getting confused on this point-the judges dont like when they sing a song too much like the original performer but they ALSO dont like the songs to be changed much?! Confusing...

Stephanie Edwards - “Love Hangover”
Not bad but not WOW either

Chris Richardson - “The Boss” -
UGH I think he is horrible, cute but horrible, does NOTHING for me at all.

Jordin Sparks - “If We Hold On Together”
She is such a PRO she sparkles and shines and I can see her going far :)

SANJAYA, GO HOME HUN

MELZIE'S FAVES- Lakisha, Jordin, Haley, and barely Melinda. Gina I dont think is versatile enough to actually win but I love her anyways :)
_______
Wish me luck as I go check about a job today! xoxo melzie

2 comments:

Merci said...

LOL I agree with you totally about Sanjaya - ain't no mountain high enough for me either! You really think Melinda's fake? Oh stay it isn't so! ;) I do think she's someone who has always had someone better than her in her life and this is her time to shine. I think it's genuine but I agree, I'm ready for her to take a page from LaKisha's book and just take her bows. Maybe she'll get used to it after a while 'cause she's not leaving anytime soon! And Chris Sligh killed me with Endless Love. I love that song and he just killed it. UGH. Hope the real Chris, with glasses, is back next week! Good luck on the job search today!

Anonymous said...

I don't think Melinda's humility is fake. Like she said in her interviews it's a big step from the background to the foreground. I think she'll move beyond the shocked look now that she's performed in the bigger hall. If you read the comments on a lot of the blogs, etc. she's constantly attacked for her looks. I think that has shaped her life quite a bit (i.e. staying in the background). But Lordy, she is an incredible performer!