Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 05, 2007

I think I've found the READ OF THE YEAR

Have you ever read the Yada Yada Prayer group series by Neta Jackson?! If you HAVE then WHY didnt you TELL me how good they were?! If you HAVENT well GO GET THEM! I've read #1&2 (library) but they dont have any more of them. OMGOSH they are SO GOOD I was sad when I finished #2 I want them to go on and on and on :) And THAT is a compliment to a TRUE GOOD BOOK. I will definitely buy these and add to my reread collection :) They inspired me to grow as a Christian. I added a books read in 07 list on my sidebar, I am always taking recommendations! I like Christian ficition, romance (not smutty though), mild sci-fi fantasy, etc. I do NOT like hardly anything on Oprah's list LOL so those type of books I dont care for. I dont like anything crude or graphic.

I actually started cleaning today (finally). I also decided to ebay a big chunk of my fabric. I bought A-LOT OF FABRIC in the last year or two but for pennies on the dollar, (sales, clearance, and my mom's discount) and I'll never use all of it never ever. I think there is so much junk in my sewing room I cant work in there kwim? And I want a new tv :) So to ebay we will go!

This week my focus will be cleaning house, next week I will start to make enquiries towards going to college next fall, I want to go for social work degree, with alot of criminal justice sprinkled in, I want to work with victims of abuse, be it child abuse, s*xual abuse, domestic or elderly. Anyone of those especially touches my heart.

Thanks to all who've hung with my blog over the last few weeks :) I promise to be a more faithful blogger :D xoxo melzie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was looking at your 2007 read list. Do you realize that Brother Odd is the third book in the Odd Thomas line? Odd Thomas and Forever Odd were Nos 1 and 2.

LJ said...

What is the link to your Ebay place, I want to check out your fabric!

LJ said...

What is the link to your Ebay place, I want to check out your fabric!

LJ said...

sorry for the double (make that triple) post. love and hugs

Clare said...

Hi Melzie,

May I have the E Bay link too?

x