Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 31, 2006

WELCOME AUGUST~FABRIC DEEPRESSION


Yep you read it right! Vicky has issued a challenge. No fabric bought in August! Feel free to drop by there and let her know if you are participating! And snag the snazzy button also. Does anyone know how to make a button into a link? Let me know!

Today I went hunting. Not for game or fowl. Well foul yes LOL I wound up DEEP cleaning my kitchen. I've been chasing an elusive smell in there. Yesterday I put baking soda and vinegar down my drains, still stinky kitchen. Last week I deep cleaned my fridge so I knew it wasnt that. But it seemed to originate by the fridge/hot water heater closet. So I pulled out my fridge to clean behind/under it. OH MY GAWD. I will spare you the details. I had to literally CHIP AWAY (rofl) and then poured straight bleach on the whole area. My sinus's are burning LOL. Wiped and cleaned it up, mopped (super good) my whole kitchen, did all the dishes, cleaned and wiped down every counter top and cabinet outside. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Now I get to go have Pasta House with my friend for supper. Yes I am deep down a horrible HORRIBLE slob. I like surface clean. I am very shallow LOL dont look too deep! ;) Still hot as hades here today!

Gratitudes:
Swap blocks, in the mail!
Hawger's quilt top DONE!
My clean clean kitchen!
Pasta House!

xoxo melzie :)

2 comments:

cdorsey said...

Bon Apetite!

Andrea said...

Ewww about the stuff you had to chip away!

The other day I kept smelling something that smelled like nail polish remover, come to find out the apartment complex was redoing some of the countertops. They weren't doing mine but I could still smell it really well in our apartment!