Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Picture day =)

GOOD MORNING =) Hope this "humpday" finds everyone healthy wealthy and wise LOL.

Some very pretty flowers I spotted in my neighborhood, wanted to share with you ;-) Hope they make you smile!


This is why we had no power for 12 hrs last Friday. And with all the hullaballoo in St Louis last week (possible tornado in downtown StL and at the Cardinal game and at Lamber Airport, 350,000+ with no power) and Ameren being based IN StL they had no big trucks to come fix us up! They got 'er done about midnight =)














This is my friend Missy and me. This is last Nov. our Sunday school class was out to eat =) Missy is SO FUN we have a blast together, and she is my eating buddy. We are always first in line to eat at whatever function we are at, and first in line for seconds LOL. She has a heart of GOLD. Last night we gave her a going away party =( She is moving to IN where her husband got transferred. =( I'll misssssss you Missy!

I'm having a good week thus far, my allergy/sinus's are bothering me but I can live with them.

Gratitudes:
Psalms
Blog friends, new and old
Flowers
Electricity
Kittens

Have a great day! xoxo melzie

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi sweetie! Black-eyed-susans are my favorite flowers!!!!
Jeanne :)

Susan said...

Beautiful flowers! We took a field of sunflowers (the kind they actually farm for the oil or seeds, don't know which this is) on the way to Hettinger the other day. I will have to post it, as I had a quilt-related thought with it!

Dr. Deb said...

Love the photo of the flowers!

Linda C said...

Gorgeous flowers--about the only thing I see in bloom around here right now is the crape myrtle trees and we have a few roses out.

I can see why you might be without power in your area with a big tree like that down.

My DH and I are big time Cards fans and couldn't believe the mess at the new Busch. He had been trying to watch the game and of course, those jerky FSN-ATL announcers gave no clue about the windows being blown in the press box or the tarp being torn up, the injuries when the game resumed.

Andrea said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm new to this Blogger stuff so I don't know how to do a whole bunch of things.

I've seen some nifty lists on the side of some people blogs on here. Like unfinished quilting/sewing projects etc.

And I don't know if there is a friends list on here either.

Hope to get more comments from you!