Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 20, 2006

Prez Day

Happy presidents day lol. My kids are off school and driving me BONKERS. Its been snowy and cold all weekend and man I will be glad to see the school bus round the corner in the morning.

Been working on a Trip Around The World baby quilt for 2 days now, I tried to do the piecing without a pattern (dur dumb thing to try lol) and messed it all up. Wound up having to seam rip 90% of it and re-piece the old fashioned way...a block at a time! I am so spoiled to strip piecing LOL. Its very pretty pastel lil flowers, pic to come soon maybe :) In the meantime, here is a pic of my sewing machine and table, the left side swings up and double the workspace.
sewing table
Now here is my baby quilt I've been working on, and my big quilt that is ready to quilt. I just dont know how to do that yet lol so I am going to attempt the baby quilt first then the full sized one later..maybe..if the baby one goes well!
Baby quilt
baby quilt close
my quilt closer
Also in other news my washer thawed with no pipes bursting thank the Lord :) Have a great day! xoxo Melody

No comments: