Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 18, 2018

Momma Robin Chronicles

Something about Summer gets me in the mood to blog :) Maybe because I love so much going back over and reading those blog posts from the days of old. I wonder if I made myself blog SOMETHING everyday for like a month if I would get back into the habit. 

Today I am going to photographically chronicle our robin's nest on the back porch! I need one place to do so and this is it :)

So we started out in early spring with 4 beautiful eggs. Momma Robin sat on them faithfully until one day she didn't. I finally peeked up there after several days of her being a no show and there were only 2 eggs. I waited a few more days and pitched those two out, in hopes that she would come back for her second round of nesting. (Robins nest up to 3 times per year).

One day I noticed her setting on the nest again and snuck a peak, 3 perfect beautiful eggs graced the  nest once again! 

Here they are a couple weeks ago, her feeding them and even a video! I've watched her closely the last week and holy cow. She is like the energizer bunny! She literally fed them non stop from daylight til dark every single day!! No wonder they grow up so fast lol.







(oh no the video didn't work. I may have to put it on youtube first...check back later lol)
(ok hoping this new video works!)

And here is what I saw today!  Two of the nestlings have left the nest!! (only one pictured) They can fly little distances. We currently have heat advisories so I did shoo them on over to the shade a bit. I am so happy to see them looking so healthy and cute!!  One is still in the nest, a late bloomer perhaps?

Momma Was still watching over the 2 fledglings closely from my roof!


One more baby to go Momma then you can rest a while!

I hope to be back soon with more blog posts!!

xoxo melzie


1 comment:

GreenerCleaner said...

omg, what a sweet story Melzie! Glad you are blogging again!! Love you!