Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Flip Side

Well here I am on the flip side, tomorrow and Thursday I take my finals, and the curtain will fall on my very first semester of college. I will leave there with gen-u-ine college credits to my name. Those go on my Permanent Record you know.  Before the finals I have somehow -by the grace of God- managed to maintain A's in all my classes.  I surely did have good intentions on keeping this blog updated as I went throughout the weeks of school, but ya know...life. :) 

I strongly disliked the University Studies class. It was basic common sense stuff mixed in with stuff I had no idea what we were doing.  I am totally done and my final grade in there is a 94%.

I knew I'd *like* the English Comp. class but had NO IDEA I would love it so much. I had no idea I could write. What I'd write off the cuff was apparently good stuff. (I'm still a little bit in disbelief lol).  She turned my second essay in to a contest. She asked for a copy of it, and my fourth essay to use for future student samples. I mean what higher form or praise is there than that??!  I feel squirmy even typing that out, as I am usually quite modest.  I would love to keep writing but with no parameters or guidelines I feel a little adrift. I do know there are books, and probably even websites with writing prompts. I may do some looking into this.......

Math. I have as I said, maintained an A in here also.  (lowest test grade WAS thrown out though lol thank you LORD.) This class being a developmental class DOES NOT count as a credit. But it was invaluable to me. I actually comprehended and learned processes. I will find out on the final if I am actually retaining anything lol.  I would not say I've gone so far as to *LIKE* math now but I definitely no longer hate it, and hope I can hang on to this knowledge in the future.

SO next week I start my summer session of classes. I am looking forward to that.

Finals tomorrow and Thursday! 

Help Me Jesus. LOL
xoxo melzie

No comments: