Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A shame

This is my Great Uncle Bill's grave marker. Last fall I reported to the city that it was dipping into the dirt about an inch or so, just enough to be noticable. They flagged it but never did anything. We checked on it late into the fall but we don't really go out much in the winter.

Well April 1 is when they clean up from winter, so after that, the 3rd or so Hubby J&J and I took flowers to everyone, pretty daisies to my Nana and Papa and some single flowers for all the men and my Great Granny. Got to Uncle Bill's who is side by side with Granny and was shocked at the major deterioration of his stone, then I like to swallowed my tongue when I saw a snake halfway into the ground about where that rock is above his marker. Hubby said no dang wonder its falling in there are probably a nest of them. It was about as big around as a soda can.

Took my Mom out there later last week and sure enough saw another one, much smaller, spread the length of his plot, we threw rocks at it to see if it would go down under his marker again and yes, it did...sooooo creepy to see all these snakes going down under a gravestone. The city has been notified, no action so far. Although I did just call and report the condition I hadn't seen the snakes yet. Its a shame though that its happening...scary as all get out too although I am drawn back over and over like some kind of psycho LOL.

weirded out in MO..xoxo melzie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: