Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, February 12, 2009

If its not one thing...

its another.
We have a gas leak in my house, so the gas co. has to shut off and lock my meter. :( I've been smelling gas and had a constant headache since about last Friday, Danny argued and argued with me but I've been feeling so sick and I knew thats what it was, been sleeping w/my windows cracked, and even last night shut all our doors (so no heat lol) because I knew I could smell it around the hot water heater. (The gas lady said the majority of their calls are women...the men always say they can't smell anything) So I finally called the gas co. today and lo and behold we do have a leak, bad enough they won't leave me on :( and its inside the house which means we have to get it fixed. Good thing its not freezing cold huh. Its in the low 40s at night I guess we'll be ok because the guy we usually have work on that stuff will not be able to come til the weekend I am sure. Thankfully my work clothes had just come out of the dryer but I hadn't had a shower yet wahhh. The only possible good news is that for one, I was right and Danny was wrong (LOL) and for another, she is changing out my gas meter, my old one squeaked constantly. And maybe my head will quit hurting. When 800 mg IBU doesn't knock a headache I knew something was up lol. SO now gona clean up some and get of to work.

Just to update on Jordan he is actually still tolerating this shunt setting of 1.5 fine for now, things are just almost on an even keel around here (yes gas leaks and shut offs are the norm around here..what of it? LOLOL). He is back to school and the other kids are doing great :) My nephew Ethan was in the hosp. a couple days with croup/asthma but I think he got to come home last night so that's good :)

I've missed most of Hollywood American Idol, just too much to do lately lol, but now I guess we start the real competition so thats much more interesting. Survivor starts tonight woohoo! And Amazing Race Sun. I haven't tuned into AR much the last few seasons, its very repetitive anymore. I might try it out though.

OH and I won a whole hog from our local Food Giant! My mom entered me, and I won! Had to put some in the freezers at church even LOL woohoo!

Well have a great Thurs. TTFN ;)
xoxo melzie

PS what do you think of my layout? I borrowed it from cutestblogontheblock of course. xoxo

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

First of all, I LOVE the new layout! It's beautiful. Congrats on the hog, that will be a financial load off, right? I am glad to hear your son is tolerating his shunt, I can imagine the stress and worry over that. I know we aren't supposed to worry because we are in God's hands, but I do, and I know many others do as well.
I am sorry about your gas line! That happened to us once when I was a kid, but the gas guy came out right away and fixed it. I will pray that you will keep warm and that the repair is not costly!
Shellie

Chanda said...

Woo Hoo to the lucky winner. I am so jealous. I'll come for breakfast and eat some bacon with ya. Glad things are looking up and J is doing better, Tell that onery brother of mine to take you out for a nice Valentine dinner somewhere. Hugs to all, Shanda