Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Presentation, Presents and Presence

PRESENTATION!
Regardless of whether or not your candidate won, I hope we call all as Americans appreciate the history that was made last night. I watched Maya Angelou on The Early Show today and saw Harry Smith even moved to tears by her joy and recitation of a poem. :) My candidate may not have won but I stand behind my new Commander-In-Chief. And God is still on His throne ;)

PRESENTS? OR PRESENCE?
Have you seen this yet?

Its amazing. :) I am definitely jumping on this bandwagon. The website is Advent Conspiracy If you are convicted to participate let me know! I will label anything I blog about it with Advent Conspiracy as well.

Well, off to clean my house! Have a great Fall day! xoxo melzie

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Melzie,
How do I get this on my blog? I have blogged about consumerism a few times in the recent past, and this ties Christmas in with it beautifully. I am really feeling the negative pull of consumerism this year. We are in the worst financial position of our lives, we can't buy presents this year, we are forced (happily) to make gifts and go without, but to others it looks like we are "copping out" of Christmas. My kids will each get one meaningful present purchased and made. All others will get one heartfelt handmade (or baked) gift. I think that's enough. We are also adding prayer to our Christmas dinner this year. It's at my house, I can pray if I want to! :-)

I love the water idea, if we all contribute to the same cause, we can really make a difference.
Shellie

Lois Lane said...

I love your attitude about our new president. Many who didn't vote for him are not being nearly as kind with their words. That to me, is very unchristian-like behavior.

Your comment made me laugh so hard, I think I broke a rib! Thanks for that!! Also updated the post if you're so inclined to pop back in.

Have a great weekend!