Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A letter to summer

Dear Summer,
I hope this letter finds you packing up. Yes I will be blunt. What we had was a summer thing. You came at a time when I really needed you, you fulfilled all my summer needs. I was soaking you up for the first little bit. You are necessary for a time. But as the months went by our ardor needs to cool. You had me hot for long enough. Now its just sweaty. Just sour and stinky. Even rain won't come by to see my anymore. And Autumn, he is just waiting in the wings, waiting for you to move on so he can come take your place and woo me. And your bff Humidity? Take him with you m'kay? Don't worry, I wont forget you. I took pics of you interacting with my family so I can remember you always. But really Summer, its time for us to just be a memory to each other this year. It's been good. Love, Melzie

No comments: