ANSWER IN PRAYER-
I asked God for help because EVERYTHING is in a mess & overwhelming & I feel that I never get any answers. Well today I heard Him speak as plain as day :) He said "do what you know to do." I've thought all year long my lesson to learn during this "season" of my life is to WAIT. So I made a list of the things I *know to do.
- I KNOW to give God the first of my day. To sacrificially (ouch) get up earlier and start my day with him. I give him 10% of my money, but about 1% of my time and thats usually in the middle of the day when 10 things have already gone wrong...
- I know to read my Bible and pray everyday. Soldiers who go to war with out their gun and helmets then lie on the ground after being shot down whining about it would be stupid right? Just as dumb for me to go about my day without preparation first.
- I know to keep my house clean. Now this is a personal issue. My house reflects my state of mind and my state of mind reflects my house. And the same if not more-so for my hubby. When my house is cleaner I feel better prepared.
- I know to go to bed earlier. Again its a preparation thing. My days go so much better when I am ACTING instead of REACTING.
We are starting a new book in our Sun. School class and there is daily Bible reading. So yesterdays, after my prayer and list making time, was Matt 3:13-Matt 5:20.
- Jesus came to John the Baptist to do what? BE BAPTIZED. Because this is what John *knew to do. This allowed Jesus to do His part and John to do his. When I start to feel paralized by stress and dont do my part, what other lives are affected? John tried to refuse, what if he had? Following this the disciples were called...
- Jesus came to them and called them to be *fishers of men. Fishing...what they *knew to do! Out of their comfort zone for sure but still doable.
- Beatitudes-(I am going to do a study on each one I'll share that when I do but here there are in list form:)
- POOR IN SPIRIT
- HUNGERING AND THIRSTING AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS
- PURE IN HEART
- PERSECUTED, REVILED, FALSELY SPOKEN OF FOR HIS SAKE
- Next, have you lost your flavor? Then you are good for nothing! Cast out! Trod underfoot! (felt walked all over lately?).
- Follow Jesus (vs 4:19)
- Do what you know to do (vs. 3:13-17)
- Quote scripture against the devil (vs. 4:4,7,10)
- Do the opposite of the world and the opposite of what you feel like doing. (vs. 5:2-12)
- If you dont obey, dont be surprised to feel good for nothing, outcast and walked on.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE FOR HIM AGAIN! :0)
God's mercies that are new every morning!
My sweet friend Dianna :) Love you chicadee.