Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Memories...

Five years ago...
I was asleep and hubby came home from work. We watched in disbelief all day...I was 3 months pregnant with Hawger, wondering what kind of world I was bringing a child into. I watched day and night the better part of a week, wondering...what next? Ah but then, the calm after the storm. A country united! Flags flying!

Today...
I watched my best friend dance with her father at her mother's funeral. It was the most poignant moment I have ever witnessed first-hand. I almost felt I was intruding. It was a celebration of a woman who truly lived her life fully every day.

Tomorrow...
I will hug my own mother tighter...
I will smile as I remember my friend..Linda Lou RIP...
I will create memories for MY children to last a lifetime...
I hope the survivors left standing after September 11 will do the same...

Gratitudes:
Life
Death
Everything in between
And that the best is yet to come =)

xoxo melzie Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What beautiful thoughts you've shared tonight!
Hugs ~ Jeanne

Randi said...

Beautiful, encouraging thoughts today!

Lois Lane said...

Mel, this is my all time favorite post you have ever written. Straight from your heart and oozing onto your blog, all to share with your friends. Thank you.

Grim Reality Girl said...

Beautiful words, beautiful pictures, and beautiful images came to mind. Thank you!