Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 19, 2006

HST'S DONE sorta lol

Well I officially give up on the 1 hr a day challenge quilt :) I am probably sewing an hr a day though! I got distracted thinking of HST's and remembered this quilt:

Which I LOVED making and LOVED it when it was done (my FIRST 100% FINISH!) and..I gave it away for a baby shower ::kicks self:: :) SO I DID cut my HSTs but here is what I am doing with them LOL


And here is the view from my sewing room window, I bought a hummingbird feeder and hung it up yesterday, today already saw a hummer! I think this fall/winter I'll move my birdbath and regular bird feeder over here so I can watch them this winter.

Well hubby and I are having money issues this weekend, he spent it and I didnt want him too :) fun fun. So, as soon as the August Fabric Depression is over, and Hancock's Labor Day Sale comes AND Sept. is my birthday month I WILL get my revenge ::evil laugh:: LOL :)

Gratitudes:
Hummingbirds (and feeders are on clearance at walmart! LOL)
Cats congregating in my sewing room
Sleeping in on Saturdays :)

Have a great weekend all! xoxo melzie Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda C said...

simple block and effectively done---good one for the boys??

just jenn said...

I know there is a missing post out there because I read it on bloglines. I am a person with a quilt blog and I read yours all the time. I may not comment much but I do read. I also noticed that I am not in your list of quilt bloggers. :( I need to post some picture updates this week and you reminded me of that with your pictures.

Susan said...

That will do as well as the Shoo-Fly variation. I'd rather not match 8 points, personally. =) I keep thinking what lovely blocks they'd have made, though. Several people are sewing strips around the blocks instead of the many little blocks.

The top quilt is certainly nice, and blue always makes me like a quilt more!