Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Celebrities, Cookies, and Quilts!

I bet ya'll didnt know Elvis is alive and well and living on my street did you? Well of course not its the best kept secret anywhere. (although if you work for the Enquirer cash will get you everywhere dahling!)

Blurry (out of the window...papparazzi I aint lol) but if you click and make bigger you can get the idear!

What is this fine young man doing you ask?

Eating these warm, oh SO good peanut butter cookies his June Cleaver'ish mother lovingly and sacraficially prepared last night.

Let me pause for a moment and just toot my own horn. I. make. perfect. peanut. butter. cookies. Seriously. Just look at the texture on the bottom!

Now to my not so perfect but just as fun pasttime :) Quilty news!

I am quilted and bordered! Now, I am going to get my practice quilt out and attempt to bind. Wish me luck :)


Gratitudes:
Fun at the pool yesterday
A good checkup for luveydovey today
groceries bought
A/C
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES OH YEAH ;) xoxo melzie

7 comments:

Linda C said...

look pretty yummy to me--will you share the recipe? Or at least save me one, LOL.

Good going on the quilt progress!

Andrea said...

My first attempt at binding a quilt didn't go so well. :)

The next 2 lap quilts I made I just did the inside out method, sewed around the outside then flipped it all the right way so the binding was inside then quilted it.

I'm going to attempt to bind this quilt this time :)

The Calico Cat said...

oh my he does look like Elvis - is that on purpose?

The Calico Cat said...

Since you are a fan of PB cookies, you may want to try these...
Peanut Butter Chews

Stir together to mix, then set aside:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

In another large bowl, cream together (make sure there are no lumps):
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup butter
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

then stir in:
1 cup peanut butter (even though I prefer natural-style peanut butter, for desserts it's better to use the standard type with shortening in it. I like extra chunky Skippy)

Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Spread into TWO ungreased 9" x 13" glass pans. Bake 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool then cut into squares. Keep covered so they don't dry out (you want them to stay chewy).

You can also add chocolate chips before baking if you want to. Maybe 6 oz per batch.

TO DIE FOR!

Shelina said...

Mmmm, I love peanut butter cookies. My daughter on the other hand doesn't like anything peanut butter, so I don't make them much. Actually I don't bake much of anything, because it sits around uneaten - or else somehow making my clothes shrink. These look delicious.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... reverse lookup of fax numbers intrusion alert when receiving fax http://www.safe-antidepressant-drugs.info/wizards-car-wax.html Credit union scholarships massachusetts fiat ulysse Digital printing price list instructions zyban Real time airline greece flights Infiniti qx56 suv used

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! beach voyeur Al-khafaji mazin and atopic eczema Paintball airball