Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

WIP WEDNESDAY

I shared this quilt a few weeks ago, then put it aside to finish up the baby rag quilt.  I am *almost* done with this lap quilt for my mom =)  Just have a row and a half to finish free motion quilting, then on to binding.  I haven't had a finish in a while (not counting the baby quilt lol)

Don't look at the wonky quilting lines, I had a hard time making a decision on how to quilt it!  Finally decided to try my hand at my first free motion quilting (outside of mug rugs lol)

My pincushion I got at a local quilt show a long time ago.  He loses his buttons fairly regularly lol.
The Simple Life fat quarters I won from Freshly Squeezed Fabrics a while back
So now I have a question for YOU!  For my next project I am wanting to make a sewing machine cover out of the fabrics I won from my sweet friend Randi shown above.  I really need it to cover the whole thing, not just front.  Anyone know of a really simple easy tutorial online?  Thanks in advance =)

Linking up to WIP Wednesday, link is in my sidebar!
Have a great week!
xoxo melzie

2 comments:

Gina said...

The Simple Life will make a cute machine cover!! I don't know of a specific tute but there are tons out the. Google knows most everything, Pinterest is inspiring, and All Free Sewing has pretty good round ups. I need to make a cover for my machine as well but it keeps getting bumped lower and lower on my to do list.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hi Melzie Belle,

Thanks for the wonderful comment you left on my blog. You're blogger profile is set to NoReply blogger so I couldn't thank you via email. I love the fun colourful fabrics you are using in your quilt.