Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Hot and dirty

 Well we are smack dab in the middle of the worst heat wave/drought I can personally remember.  We've had already about a week of 100+ degree days, most of them record breaking. And it just keeps going on and on, no relief in sight... It's so dry most towns are cancelling and banning all fireworks, both for the average person and for the big shows.  It's not too pleasant, especially for someone like me who really isn't a huge fan of summer anyway.  I physically do not tolerate the heat well at.all.  My poor Hubby is a welder.  I do not know HOW he survives this kind of heat so long at a time. 

Anyway enough about that :)  I know I know, you want to see some pics.  This post is featuring my down and dirty toddler.  He CRIES on days that I keep him in the regular yard and away from the DIRT!  DIRT MOMMY! 
Here he is totally crashed out after a long hard day of playing in the dirt.  He usually does that, just GO GO GO  til he can't go anymore lol
I <3 that sweet dirty face :)
here he is after getting between the flowers and the water hose one day, then back to the dirt! 

It's easy to see where he gets it, from a long line of playing in the dirt men lol!!

So that's about all we're doing.  Staying cool..and playing in the dirt! 

xoxo melzie

No comments: