Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Monday, March 02, 2009

LOSER MONDAY POST

Well I am back on the wagon again :) with hubby's health scare (insulin resistance diabetes and high cholesterol) we are both doing Atkins diet. I started last Thurs. a.m. and have lost almost 5 lbs already! Hubby's lost 4. So far so good, thanks Sharon for letting me back on board ;) Anyone have any low-carb hints/suggestions or recipes? I'd love to hear from you! Good luck everyone! xoxo melzie

5 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Good job Melzie!!! Your both on the right track. Hang in there. And welcome back.

Finn said...

Hi Melzie, so sorry to hear of the health problems. Losing extra weight is always a good idea, and my oh my, do I know that *VBS* And mostly fail at losing it. But I keep trying.
Hope you and yours are wintering well down there in Missouri. Take care, hugs, Finn

Mindie said...

Congrats on the weight loss! When I did Atkins after I had my son, I ate hamburger patties, eggs, cheddar cheese, and beef jerky. And thats about it. I truly admire you, because I didn't last four days. :)

smileymamaT said...

Hi there, first visit! That stupid wagon is so hard to keep up with, isn't it?!? :) ha... Got no tips, unfortunately, but I'm in a very similar boat, being spring and trying to get healthy and all. Hey your page says you've had 19,999 visitors... does that mean I'm number 20,000 I wonder? Do I get a balloon? LOL
T

Mindie said...

I love your new blog layout. Where do you get them?