Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Merry and thankful much?

I know I'm not :( Just being honest. I am a negative complainer most days. I do have a very positive trait of very easily forgiving and forgetting. (or maybe I just forget and then can't remember what I am mad about? LOL) I am going back an starting a book again, "CREATED TO BE HIS HELP MEET" by Debi Pearl. The Pearls as I know are very controversial, but this book is awesome and chock full of great stuff on marriage but in general even to a person's Christian walk. There is a passage I read today I thought was very good for me, maybe will be for someone else also.

  • PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
  • Practice makes perfect. Practice having a merry and thankful heart. I have known people who, though they did not have a natural knack for music, started piano lessons and practiced everyday. After two or three years, their fingers moved across the keys easily and their music sounded sweeter and more fluid every time I heard them. If you ask them, "How do you know to hit all those notes?" They answer, "Practice. I've practiced so much, I don't think about it. It just happens." Life is like that. Most people have practiced hitting the notes of bitterness, sourness, hurt feelings, and frustration so long that their soul finds the discordant notes easily, almost without thought. But, you don't have to keep on practicing discord; you can practice joy and thanksgiving just as easily, and certainly with more pleasure. Everyday, every right response makes the fingers of your soul find the notes of joy and thanksgiving easier and easier, until it is so natural that people will say to you, "I am not like you; I just don't have a bubbly personality. I'm not a happy person. How can I have joy?" And you will be able to tell the, "Practice makes perfect." Let to enjoy life. Be thankful. Smile. when you catch yourself becoming irritated or disturbed at circumstances, stop and laugh at the little things that steal your peace. Count your blessings and learn to be appreciative. Colossians 3:15 advises, "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."
I just thought that was really really good today :)

I feel myself slipping down into a mild (for now) depression, if you pray please say a prayer I through God can fight this off.

Please also pray for us in seeking God's will in our lives, as we get ready to move from this house and figure out where God will have us go.

Have a great Thursday! (shh, tomorrow is my birthday! I love birthdays ;)

XOXO melzie

6 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a great reminder Melzie. Practice. I really need it!

Let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday. I love that Bible verse,thanks for sharing. I will pray for you.

Aunt Jenny said...

Happy Happy Birthday Melzie dear,
Happy days are wished for you all year, if I had a wish then it would be...a happy happy birthday to YOU from me!!!
You are in my prayers!!

Chanda said...

Happy Birthday Mel, I hope you have a good one. Maybe let the boys make you a cake and decorate in their own special way, just for you. Today is a cake and ice cream day, so celebrate!!!
Shan

Mindie said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you're doing okay, and still smiling! Good post!

A Flowered Purse said...

aw melzie, i swear we are kindred spirits. It's hard to focus on positive when there is so much negative and then it just becomes habit to focus on the bad. You know i Love you dearly and we will both get through our tough time.
Sending you kisses and hugs
Dizie wizie