Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Last ones of flood

This was Monday..

And today, see how the dock/sidwalk there is totally under?!

This is kind of a mess but its a mudslide, hard to make out...

Auntie, this is on Frisco road, about a mile past the Jobe's going towards Granny's. Its hard to tell from the picture but its literally from the top of the hill all the way down, wider at the top. They had to backhoe the road clear.


Ok thats all my pictures. The Mississippi is suppose to crest at 44.5 ft (not sure when), thats not horribly high, in '93 it got to 48 feet and life here practically stopped. There are a lot of levee breaches and breaks but none affecting us. Hopefully none will. There have been a couple of deaths and a LOT of rescues. I hope the water recedes very quickly with no more incidences. Thanks for looking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: