Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 25, 2008

Whew its a Monday LOL

I went job hunting this morning :) I had a few places on my list that are hiring clerical workers. I went to the first one, it was on a street I'd never been on, went on and on down the road looking for the sign. When I saw it finally I went past it and turned into the parking lot behind it. I couldnt see any sign of a door or main entrance so I turned my mini-van around and was fixing to head out the gates but THEY CLOSED. I know my mouth fell open. I about freaked OUT lololol. So I looked around again and no doors, just shipping docks etc. I pulled closer to the gate and whew it opened, and another lady had just turned around there too (she had sense enough not to pull INTO the gated back lot though). I thought I bet she's looking for a job too so I followed her. She pulled into the FRONT and PAVED and OBVIOUS driveway and stopped at a speaker-thingie. I thought maybe she was saying "hey I am here to apply for the job" and then the gates opened and admitted her. So I rolled down my window and waited. And waited. Like a dummy. The gate was still open so I finally drove through LOL. I thought oh boy if they have parking lot cams they are rolling on the floor at me right now. Had to get buzzed in the door, finally filled out my application and got out of there. After trying not to look too dumb figuring out how to get OUT of the lot sheesh. The pressure of applying has me wondering if I cant get some stress relief-work comp ;) Just kidding LOL. I also applied at a Community Counseling place for receptionist. It had a spot for 'comments'. I thought what the hey so I commented on the fact that just because my RESUME looks scant that I have been a SAHM for years but have definitely kept up with all office technologies and procedures and was fully qualified to do the job. Hey they asked LOL.

Then I came home and though what the hey again and wrote this to my local newspaper speakout:

I have been a stay-at-home mom for over 10 years. I was an office worker before I had children and I have very much kept up with all office programs and technology. I simply cannot find a clerical job anywhere. I'd like to blame our pseudo-recession but I think instead its the fact that I've not been current on my resume for many years. Nevermind the fact that I can DO the job, and the fact that I've single-handedly run this home of 4 boys and a husband for so many years and done endless hours of volunteer office work via church and "favors" because I had more time on my hands. Give stay-at-home moms a chance to work for you. I am intelligent, funny, inventive, adaptable, patient, organized and QUALIFIED. Any takers?

Man..who knew finding myself and my voice was going to be so FUN?

QOTD-
What are you or have you been PASSIONATE about?

3 comments:

MoonNStarMommy said...

Heehee... loved it in the email, still love it :)

LJ said...

Well I was going to post a comment yesterday and whoops the day ran away from me. So here's another try...THIS post made my day! I want the raw true Melzie. She's much more than a mom, sewer, wife, sister, she's a woman. I want to know the woman. How did Melzie become Melzie? Have a great day! I look forward to reading about the REAL Melzie! Sewing and quilting be damned!! Let it all hang out sister!

Teresa said...

Good Luck on the job hunt! I think you sound like a person any employer would be fortunate to have on the payroll.