Welcome to my little corner of blogland! This is the only sane spot I can come in my crazy life! :) Here I share my sometimes funny sometimes NOT-day to day insanity I call my life, along with my sweet wooly hubby & all our boys :)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be.
Now put foundations under them.

Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Were you tricked or treated?

LOL this kitty thinks he's been tricked not treated!

The devil in the middle is who was skeering the kitty. He did NOT care for the mask whatsoever!

I thought I had posted a couple days ago but apparently blogger ate my post (bad blogger). Nothing much going on, I've been SO sick. I am praying it clears up on its and I dont have to go to the dr (no ins.) I am susceptible of colds turning into sinus infections. No fever so far...so here's hoping.

I havent done anything quilty. I want to do Judy's Nov. hour a day project, looks to be fun. I am going to go there in a few and see what I need to do first :) This will be my first time participating so I am excited.

I went today to Target to put in an application and got interviewed on the spot! I dont really think they'll be calling me though, they are wanting closers (after midnight!) I am more of a 5pm kinda gal lol. So still scouring the want ads and the job websites I would really like to do something office related.

I've also come to a rather big decision...::drumroll:: I think if all works out financially between now and late spring I am going to enroll to go to college in the fall. Hawger will go to full time Kindergarten in the fall and its something I'd always planned on doing (albeit not this late in the game lol but better late than never). I am really not totally sure what I want to go for but I am sure that will work itself out. Hubby is excited about the idea. I realize alot can happen between now and then so I am not getting too enthused until I see if it will come to pass. I cant remember if I directed you to check out my photoblog to see how pretty our fall has been. The trees are now at that dark red/deep orange stage, so so pretty but its turned off very cold. And since I've been sick I've not got to enjoy it but I do think this fall has been one of the prettiest ones I remember. We had a really wet summer I think that helped.

Gratitudes:
Looking to the future
Fall leaves
Hawger being such a joy :)
Judy for doing the monthly quiltalongs!
Jesus, always :)

xoxo melzie Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the college thing work out for you.

My dad is an aircraft mechanic with 20 years of Army experience. (Along with dozens of other guys trying to get a second job after their Army retirement.) My dad got an AA while in the Army, he is convinced that that is why he got hired over the other guys. AKA a foot in the door. It shows employers that you can set a goal and attain it.

My job also required a college degree - not that I am using my education degree....

Pam said...

I hope you feel better soon. You're never too old for college. I went back to school in my very late 20's - early 30's and enjoyed it so much more than when I was younger -- found out I was much smarter than I thought I was in high school -- or maybe just paid more attention!!

A Flowered Purse said...

feel better melzie, the kids are adorable!
love
di

just jenn said...

Just thought I would let you know that I am leaving for Quilt Festival tomorrow with your project in mind. I need to find something to with it and get it done in the next month and a half. AAAKKKK!!!!

Love it!

Susan said...

You should be able to get some financial aid, too. Here's the thing. Whether you go or not, you're going to be older in 4 years. Wouldn't it be better to be older with a degree, than without?